Our Policy Statement on Child Protection is as follows:
- The child’s welfare is paramount.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, racial origin, religious belief and/ or sexual identity, have the right to protection from abuse.
- All suspicions and allegations of inappropriate behaviour will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- As defined in the Children Act 1989, anyone under the age of 18 years should be considered as a child for the purposes of this document.
Our Code of Practice and Procedures
- We do not lift children on or off the trolleys, we ask a parent or guardians to do this.
- We do not have physical contact with the children, except in emergencies or to prevent danger.
- We do not take children alone in a car on journeys, however short.
- We do not take children home.
- We do not photograph or video children, or publish their pictures, without the knowledge and consent of their parents.
- We do not publish information, in print or on a website that may enable someone to contact the child.
- We do not engage in rough, physical or sexually provocative games, including horseplay.
- We do not allow or engage in inappropriate touching in any form.
- We do not allow children to use inappropriate language unchallenged.
- We do not make sexually suggestive comments to a child.
- We do not let allegations a child makes go unchallenged or unrecorded; we always act.
- We do not allow children to enter the operating area unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian and have the permission of a club steward.